Facts & Figures
- Airport International Group (AIG) is a Jordanian company comprising a consortium of local, regional and international partners brought together for their experience in finance, airport operations and construction:
- In May 2007, the Government of Jordan signed a 25 year agreement with AIG by which the latter was entrusted to operate, maintain and rehabilitate the existing QAIA landside and airside facilities.
- By virtue of the US$700m (increased to US$800m). Agreement AIG will complete the design, engineering, procurement and construction of a new passenger terminal. Following the successful launch of the new fully operational terminal, AIG will undergo the submission and implementation of a plan to demolish the existing terminal at QAIA.
- The new terminal is underway to build an 86,000 square meter, (expanded to 100,000 square meters) with the capacity to handle 9 million passengers per year.
- The new building will offer a more spacious duty free area, vastly improved food & beverage offerings, increased business and VIP lounges as well as additional office and storage space.